All students who are entering 5th and 6th grade are invited to join the Serve Team. This is a group who will be “working” and participating. Please talk to your child before signing them up to make sure they understand that this is a service-oriented team, and not only a social time. (We will have fun, but we will also be getting our hands dirty as we share Jesus with the community.)
We will be meeting once or twice a month to plan and execute service projects throughout the year. Most of our meetings and events will take place on Sunday afternoons (3:00-5:00 pm).
- Some students can choose to help lead motions for worship (in the Surf Shack, Ark, Lighthouse, Reef, and Loft) on Sunday mornings during our Sunday School hour.
- We will be meeting at local nursing homes and memory care facilities to play games with and spend time with residents.
- We will collect items and serve with Hope Beyond Bridges.
- Students will also be able to participate in helping at our Joy to the World Christmas party for families the church is supporting.
- Team members will help plan and implement an Elf Workshop Parent “Night” Out in December.
- Other projects will be added as needed or discovered throughout the year.
If you feel your child would be interested in joining the Kids’ Serve Team, please complete the form below.