Age: Five years-old as of Sept. 1
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Our Kindergarten classes provide children with the opportunity to develop a love for learning and discover their individual and unique gifts and talents. It is a formative year of academic and social growth and development that establishes a firm and solid foundation for future academic endeavors.
- Comprehensive language arts program: phonics, reading and writing strategies, sight recognition, reading comprehension, handwriting development and quality literature.
- Writing skill development.
- Home readers accelerate the progression of reading and writing skills.
- Hands on math instruction: number recognition and values, patterns, sorting, shapes, counting, problem solving, comparisons, weights and measurements, and addition and subtraction.
- Science and social studies are taught across the curriculum.
- Weekly Spanish, P.E., Music and Art instruction.
- Technology instruction.
- Faith development through daily Bible lessons and weekly Chapel services.
- A degreed teacher leads each class with the help of a part time assistant.