We would love your support and creativity in getting additional food for our food pantry. Why not host a food drive at work, or within your community. You can set up tables or collection boxes at your church, school, neighborhood park, office, or area store. We suggest promoting your food drive at least a week in advance and throughout the time frame selected.
Restoring Hope will be happy to help you with a flyer for your event. Contact us at email@example.com.
- Set your goal and theme. Your goal can be the number of pounds, number of boxes, number or types of cans collected, or money.
- Set a timeframe. This helps add energy and a sense of urgency to your food drive.
- Consider competition. Fun to do among departments, groups, floors, buildings, classes, etc.
- Determine the types of food you wish to collect. (see our list of most needed items). We request that you promote that no expired food can be accepted.
- Make signs, posters, flyers, etc… to share information about the Restoring Hope Food Pantry and your goals in collecting donations.
- Determine the quantity of the following items you will need:
- Containers for collecting food – we suggest small and medium-size packing boxes. Food boxes can get heavy!
- For monetary collections have canisters for participants who may also want to make a financial donation.
Please note we cannot accept expired food.
Food donations can be dropped off at Trinity Klein Monday-Thursday, 9am-3pm.
Please contact Neville Symons firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Specific food items needed include peanut butter, jelly, macaroni & cheese, canned tuna, canned chicken, canned veggies, canned beans, canned ravioli, ramen noodles, pasta, pasta sauce, cereal, pancake mix, and wipes.